United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Curious what your initial impressions are with the Pure Turbos Inlet? Getting mine installed in a few days.
Pure is great in general... in regards to instructions and etc or help... complete garbage. I emailed in and the reply I received was polite and the guy was great but he couldn't help at all and referred me to this site and to maybe ask Bryan Kiefer @ Kies... It was hilariously frustrating.

Post install observations... Its louder. There is a noticeable more intake noise (already running the injen intake). Its about a half inch increase in diameter so it is a rather big change so its not surprising there was a noise change.

Driving the car I dont really notice anything. However, I haven't been able to drive the way now in about 10 days due to time frame where i started pulling things apart in preparation for the install till yesterday.
Sorry it was a hassle for you. Ironically, Kies is doing my installation. I calculated, from pipe diameter measurements that were posted, that the Pure Turbos Inlet is 42% larger at that stock constriction point. I'm curious why that would translate into a noticeable sound volume difference. Perhaps your aftermarket intake is amplifying the sound so that you notice it.

I've got the M Performance intake which maybe sounds a little louder than stock because it has an extra air intake hole in the bottom of the air filter box. (That hole faces forward.) I use a drop-in aFe Pro Dry filter. Now I'm curious to see if I notice any sound difference.

Please post before and after logs if you can. I'm very curious to see if you have the same increase in MAF readings and how much they differ from 5000 RPMs on up. I haven't recorded a log but I may give it a try so that I have some "before" data before my installation.
Appreciate 0