View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 11:51 AM   #17
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
There is no doubt that BM3 pushes the power level compared to MHD, but at what cost is the questions.

Why fix something that isn't broken but then again BM3 just released V7 and seems that many are suffering from overboost and HPFP crashes. Those that just update without logging will ultimately pay the cost for just relying on there butt dyno.

These are my thoughts exactly. MHD might leave a little more on the table, but i am fine with that given the simplicity and reliability. However, i know others feel different, and that is presumably why they go BM3. I know how much i hated chasing hardware issues and have to log, post, review, repeat, constantly... no way i would want to go through that with a tune just to try and squeeze out a little more power. Again, personal opinion/preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
A weak tune is considered broken. Bootmod3 is more aggressive but still very reliable and safe. There is still a lot of room left for more power safely, proven by Active Autowerke and custom tuners.
Weak = broken doesnt really make sense... It's not weak nor broken, it's just conservative... and reliable.

And yes, while there is still room left to make power safely, the statement wasn't questioning the "cost" of BM3 due to BM3 making more power, it was due to the issues like overboost and HPFP crashes. No one is saying BM3 is "risky" because it [can] make more power than MHD.
Appreciate 1