View Single Post
      04-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #313
Charkatak
Rep
Drives: MINI COOPER S F55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRii328i View Post
I'd like add to the conversation again. I called the dealer about some unrelated things. N26 issues and such. But I told him I wanted to retrofit paddle shifters and that I read I'd need to code 2TB to do it. I asked him "if it's just a mod you make to the computer, then the transmissions are identical?" And he literally told me the only difference is the programming, and I would need to code in the sport transmission programming to make the paddles work. So, aside from launch control (didnt inquire), changing to 2TB DOES TRULY in fact give the shift patterns of the sport transmission according to my service manager... I have noticed mine shifts more at like 3k or 4k than redline now, and gets into the next gear more quickly. I love it. It's the most definitive answer I've heard. Just thought I'd share.
Right, that is what some MINI forum guys thought, that 2TB has different shift points/pattern. So if it shifts faster as you say at around 3/4K RPM, then does it make the 2TB faster than 205?

Since I bought my car used, I don't know if it was coded, so for now assuming it was not.
This is what I see on my MINI when I test drove it. The sport mode switched on and shifter moved to S as well. Test was done up to 90 MPH:

1) Car shifted from S1 to S2 at 4000 RPM and at 20 MPH
2) Car shifted from S2 to S3 at over 6100 RPM at 50 MPH
3) Car shifted from S3 to S4 at over 6100 RPM at 85 MPH
Appreciate 0