View Single Post
      11-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #13
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I think people need to be more specific when they offer their criticisms. The E9X non-M cars didn't have modes that affected steering and chassis feel; the F3X does. So when a person juxtaposes their feelings about the E9X versus that of the F30/F32, they need to state something like this, "In Comfort mode, the F3X steering feels lighter than the that of the E9X." That's a more accurate statement than just claiming one is lighter than the other. Sport/Sport+ has heft and a nicely weighted steering feel, and arguably feels better than any non-M E9X. The funny thing is that people complained about the light steering in the E9X M3's servotronic rack, but forgave it because it was communicative (..once they adjusted to it). People have really short memories. Normal mode in the M3 wasn't to my tastes, so I always chose the heaviest of the steering modes.
Don't forget, M Sport steering =/= other line steering. M Sport seems almost acceptable for an EPS system, while the noline I drove sucked. Heft was alright, feedback was lacking.
Appreciate 0