08-18-2018, 04:44 PM   #18
hudson012003
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport Tanzanite blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isakdan View Post
Hi guys, long time lurker on the the forums but thought I might as well post the recent purchase.

Due to getting a new job which meant I no longer had to get the train and would also be getting a car allowance, I set upon finding the replacement to my E92 320d. Thought about getting either an A5 or TT but my mind had always been pretty set on a 4 series.

So started speccing my ideal 4 series, either coupe or GC in Tanzanite over Ivory White with a few toys. Would be doing a 60 mile round trip to work and annually around 20k so the obvious choice was a 430d; wanted something faster than the 20d and couldn't live with the arch gap on the 35d (wouldn't want to have to change springs).

Went for a test drive in the 430d and it proved to be plenty quick enough for me. My head was always wondering what the 440 would be like and after a talk with my stepdad who commutes in his Cayman S I arranged a test drive for the following week.

The noise! After the drive in the 440 I knew that was what I had to have. The 430 would have felt probably just as quick to me to be honest but after 5 years in diesels it was going to be nice to jump into a petrol straight 6. So I convinced myself the difference in fuel costs between the two would minor on a monthly basis and asked my salesman to transfer my spec onto a 440i instead.

Was set on going for a factory build but searching through BMW AUC I managed to find a lovely 2017 440i in Blue Hera Mica with the Opal White Merino leather with less than 3k on the clock. Only "issue" was it was over 400 miles away from St Albans in Dundee.

So after ringing up the dealership and being sent though a video and pics of the car I decided to go for it! Totally unseen!
So on the weekend, got a train to Luton, flight from Luton to Edinburgh, train from Edinburgh to Dundee and a final cab to the dealership.

I wasn't disappointed when I got there! Was set on Tanzanite having seen it in the flesh, knowing it looks quite dull out of direct sunlight. I had never seen a Blue Hera Mica but I'm so glad I went for it, it truly is an amazing colour! Similar to Tanzanite in sunlight but stays more blue rather than navy out of it.

Anyways enough talk, here she is:

2017 440i
Blue Hera Mica Individual
Individual Opal White Merino Leather
Individual Piano Black Trim

M Sport Plus pack
Innovation Pack
Adaptive Icon LED Lights
Extended Storage
And probably a couple extra bits

On the drive back last week managed to get an average of 38mpg over 500 miles and since picking it up have averaged just under 37. The daily M25 route to Heathrow helps no doubt but I have definitely still been having fun!
She's a beauty, well done!

The Tanzanite can be a bit dull at times (when unwashed ) so think you've picked the best Blue shade

Just need ACS springs, spacers, & either the MSPPK or REMUS exhaust,
Appreciate 1
Isakdan34.00