View Single Post
      07-26-2021, 01:56 AM   #14
Lukeeb
Rep
Drives: Bmw 3 series f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
If you drive it 50 miles a day, how is it that it's 4 years old with only 33k on the clock ?

From your original post, it appears you carried out the repairs from the breather hose splitting yourself, you then got an independent garage to 'reset the codes' (did they actually look to see if there was a deeper cause behind the problem codes ?).
You then started losing a lot of oil, had fault codes (were they investigated ? If so, by who ?).
At this point somebody (who ? BMW dealer, independent garage, mate down the pub ?) told you to put a DPF cleaner in the car.
Then the engine blew up

The devil is usually in the details. And this is lacking a lot of details.

My job before was only 3 miles away so only used the car on weekends.

Yeah I replaced the hose myself as it was clip on and off. I took it to a garage for a look and they had a look and couldn't find anything ( clearly didn't look enough) they only found a code that needed resetting. Obvs not the best garage. There wasn't a error code as in when you scan the car but more of a information error on the idrive system that disappeared when I restarted the engine. I'll be honest I'm not the best at fixing cars/ problems with them and I don't have loads of money to keep paying bmw to look at my car and charge me an arm and a leg, if I did I would pay for the new engine but I don't that's why I come here for some help and advice
Appreciate 0