View Single Post
      10-20-2021, 12:30 PM   #7
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Did this happen right after your valve cover gasket replacement? Theres no leak through the chargepipe crack?
Well directly after the vcg I did the ofhg. Not sure if it had this issue in between. The CP has already been replaced but I am going to double check my install today

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5w20 View Post

P0171 is usually the result of a vacuum leak. After a 2 min search, since I've never seen P112F, that too is a caused by a vacuum leak. I bolded #1, reason being is if you didn't have this issue before and now you do, something may have happened when performing step #1.

Two places I would investigate.
  • First one is where the yellow arrow is pointing at. Check that connection and the other end where it connects to. (IF YOU HAVE EWG IT WILL NOT BE PRESENT, ONLY PRESENT ON PWG)
  • Check the hose to the right of the arrow which is directly behind the oil fill cap. That crankcase breather hose connects to the inlet of the turbo. This could be broken or damaged, or may not even be fully seated.

[IMG]https://www.2addicts.com/forums/atta...8;d=1461193176[/IMG]
Funny you mention that, we saw that hole during the install and were freaking out why there's no hose. I still need to verify that I have an EWG but there's def no hose so im sure I do. Will check that other hose today

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
+1, saw the same thing when i googles those codes. The VC can create a vacuum leak, even if the CP doesn't. If you didnt replace the CCV hose during VCG and it is original it is likely very brittle, i replaced mine when i did an inlet and at only 45k miles it was falling apart.

Also, when you did the smoke test, did you pressurize?

Did you try unplugging the MAF? I thought i just linked the other thread with that procedure recently but let me know if you can't find it.
Is the CCV hose that second hose mentioned above? No we didn't pressurize, just put smoke in. And the MAF is the one on the intake right? We cleaned it but didn't try turning on the car with it unplugged. I'll try that as well
Appreciate 0