Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashhong View Post
Well directly after the vcg I did the ofhg. Not sure if it had this issue in between. The CP has already been replaced but I am going to double check my install today

Funny you mention that, we saw that hole during the install and were freaking out why there's no hose. I still need to verify that I have an EWG but there's def no hose so im sure I do. Will check that other hose today

Is the CCV hose that second hose mentioned above? No we didn't pressurize, just put smoke in. And the MAF is the one on the intake right? We cleaned it but didn't try turning on the car with it unplugged. I'll try that as well
Yeah CCV hose is the one with the insulation over it, goes from VC to turbo inlet, and clips on the VC with the 4 prongs. You can't really see the hose itself because of the insulation, and it can become brittle and crack where you can't see it.

MAF is on the intake yes, right after the airbox.

OFHG shouldn't have the potential for a vacuum leak, but VC does.
How does one check the CCV hose through the insulation? Is there a spot where it breaks most often?

I was thinking maybe the OFHG because I had to take the intake off a bit and shift it over. It's how I cracked my CP in the first place.

Also would you mind explaining how the VC could produce a vacuum leak? My understanding is it's just oil
Appreciate 0