06-05-2019, 11:13 AM   #10
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnmdahl View Post
I didn't add bump stops to the rear (nor did the original suspension have them)
This is really shocking to me. RealOEM says you should've had rear bump stop PN 33536850537 with your car. Does this mean you also didn't have any dust shield/boot/cover around the top exposed part of the rear shocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnmdahl View Post
Regarding the B8s, they're the same valving as the B6s, but with a shorter length of travel so shortened springs don't risk unloading with extreme suspension travel. I think those complaining about bounciness in the Eibachs likely kept their old shocks, as the car feels way less bouncy now, but not overdamped.
I'm not sure if the B8s for the F3x have the same valving as the B6s, but it's definitely a probable reality given how lazy they were with tuning (they only have a few PNs across the entire F3x range vs tuning for each config). One thing I expect is different is the internal bump stops in the front strut. The B6 ones are pretty long, but soft, and I found that with Eibach springs I was already compressing it .5" at static ride height. I ended up trimming them by .5". The B8s probably have a shorter and stiffer internal bump stop.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1