View Single Post
      08-22-2020, 02:27 AM   #157
exE36M3
BMW CCA Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M Sport

Checking back in. I pulled the Millway camber plates to chase down a low-speed rattle around town... I have been running the stock mounts the last month. Yes, all is quiet now but my tires are rubbing the fender wells again. Whee!

I recently did the steering rack repair and got rid of the dreaded F30 clunk! (Pretty stoked about that still. The steering feels like new.) But it got me thinking, the steering rack uses a tan, plastic block... easily 4oz of weight. The clunking noise issue with a lot of stock F30s is that block rattling around inside of the steering rack.

Some Millway owner's say there's some noise (NVH, rattle, etc.) around town... and other's who claim it's as quiet as OEM. How many of you have swapped out that steering rack piece? How many have not? And is there a noise or rattle present with the camber plate install?

Oddly when I ran the Millway Race and Poly versions, they both made a similar rattle at low speed, which makes me wonder if my rattle was actually that steering column block. I still have the Millway plates and will probably reinstall to test the idea/theory. And yes, clearly the stock rubber mount hide a multitude of noises!
Appreciate 0