View Single Post
      08-25-2020, 10:16 PM   #196
UGA99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 335i xdrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112 View Post
Thought I'd add my input since I just installed coilovers on my '13 335xi. After reviewing this thread and every other source I could find, I was trying to balance cost and performance as well as adjustability, I ended up going with CATuned coilovers. I paid $1200 and they have 30 degrees of dampening, very easy to adjust with the fronts using a supplied allen key through the top threaded rod and the backs with a collar located just above the bottom mount. The shock/strut height as well as the rear spring height are easily adjustable and are easy to rotate to the desired height. I installed these along with a rear sway bar (front will be installed in the next few weeks), rear subframe bushing inserts and rear upper adjustable camber bars.

The installation was pretty easy, I used a lift since I have access to one. After install I dropped it and drove it then measured and put it back on the lift to make the proper adjustments. I have no noise coming from the coilovers so far which is nice. I am set at 20 on the dampening so I set it pretty stiff. handling is night and day from what it was.

For me it was a great decision to go with the CATuned vs the KW v3 from a price standpoint. Time will tell how it progresses but so far so good!
Update 2 years later? Looking to get come coilovers for a 2014 335xi I just bought but don't want to spend an arm and a leg
Appreciate 0