Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
You shouldtake a gander a couple threads down at the Flatout Suspension coilovers. Haven't seen anyone offer inverted shocks at that price point. The only other two options for that are the Pss10 and Ohlins, both only in the rear. Flatout offers it on all four corners with the ST model. Im planning to pick them up in a few months.

However, other than ease of adjusting the rebound, I'm not sure what other benefits inverted shocks provide.
The type of rear inverted damper that the B16, Ohlins, and Flatout coilovers have, have no other benefits other than being easier to adjust the damping levels (which is worth it if you have adjustable rears). The flat out doesn't have inverted shocks in front (as evidenced by the external bump stop seen on top).

The only inverted front shocks I've seen are Bilsteins. In that case there's an additional benefit from the inverted design because the strut body slides over the damper body instead of just the piston shaft moving within the damper body. Since the damper body is so much larger in diameter than a piston shaft, it's more rigid and deflects less. You'd never notice the difference on the street though.
Sorry the ST model is listed on the website, and spoke with them about the differences. OP has the SR which is inverted just in the rear.

Is that Bilstein setup offered on the F30? The Clubsport??
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0