11-25-2020, 03:31 AM   #10
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
I'm following this thread with interest as been having similar thoughts in a similar situation. Our puppy is now pretty bloody big, already knocking on the door of 25kg at 6 months, so me taking her in the M4 is doable, but not ideal.

Thankfully we have the 340 touring, which is the main dog carrier, so still a decent drive, with M4 just used occasionally for a local journey. So not a pressing need to change now, but I did find myself looking at X3Ms and thinking that this would be much more useful for me, especially now that I have thr Exige for track days and Sunday morning blasts.

The M4 is fantastic however, and with mine now modified to tastes, I really wouldn't want to lose it. However, given our altered dog centred lifestyle it does feel a little bit "all dressed up and nowhere to go"

I can't decide whether I like the idea of the X3M being as hardcore as the M3/M4... maybe it would just feel like a direct, but practical swap?
You articulate the point much better than me, this is exactly how I feel. Research is coming out in favour of the swap, I need to arrange a drive and see if I can get the numbers to work.

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0