View Single Post
      08-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #2
accs
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

1) I can't answer for you

2) It seems spark plug wear depends heavily on the car. Many have followed PTFs recommendations of plug and gap which means the plug needs to be changes more frequently simply because these plugs don't last as long as the OEM ones if I remember correctly. You might not need spark plug changes for a good while depending on your logs.

I generally change my oil every 6k or so miles out of habit. Can't speak for other fluid health and longevity.

3) Not an expert but don't think a tune would expedite the OFHG deterioration. I want to say it fails due to the materials lifespan.

4) It all depends on your needs. Large coolers heat soak more on idle so if you're daily driving the car 6'' or so might be the sweet spot, otherwise your temps will climb like mad when in traffic. Also a large intercooler can drop the pressure more than which the small stock turbo can fill efficiently so they're more suited if you're getting a bigger turbo.

5) Stage 2 is a more aggressive tune and probably carries more risk. I've been running stage 2 for about 6k miles with no issues but I'm planning on going to Stage 1 simply because I think it'll suit my needs better. I don't push my car to the limits and don't need the marginal power boost.

As for parts, I went with mostly CTS Turbo and had no issues with fitment. VRSF seems to be hit or miss but I've never purchased their components outside of exhaust tips. For charge pipe I'd def go for CTS, intercooler it shouldn't matter greatly who you get it from if you're not pushing the car to the limits constantly. The biggest concerns I would say is how it heat soaks in daily driving. As for catted dp, I went with catless so I can't speak for that but I've heard good things about the fabspeed one.

Doing the mods yourself aren't difficult. I did them all for the first time in my garage with only issues installing the charge pipe. Just be patient and do CP with IC and you will be fine.
Appreciate 0