View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 09:41 PM   #2978
MikeBMWX1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Hi everyone.
I just installed a new Avin 10.25 screen in my 2016 X1. The installation was a real pia. The factory HU barely pulls out enough to change the harness. It took me all day to figure out a way to pull it out enough and then I had to ask my wife to plug the new harness in since she has tiny hands. Anyways, it works now, but imo the trouble to install this thing is way underestimated for a 2016 X1. The original HU does not come out like in any of the install videos I watched. It actually does not come out at all! FYI

So I bought:
(North America) | Android 10 With 4GB RAM | 4G SIM Card Support | Qualcomm Snapdragon | Black Trim Bezel

Also got the GPS splitter and the newest little black box for wireless carplay/android auto as I was potentially planing to use AA with it.

My 2016 X1 is fully loaded. So I am coming from an 8.8 screen with NAV. I really just wanted Waze and Tidal and the ability to use my Plex server on my long trips back to my hometown. So I figured when I'm not going on long trips, I would use AA. I tested Plex and it does work on the Android side. Haven't done any type of long term testing. Really just got it up and running, installed AA and Waze and Plex on the Android side.

I was however, quite disappointed with the resolution of AA. Is there a way to not have it stretched out for the whole 10.25''? Can I split screen it some how? Or change the resolution in a way. Maybe make the icons smaller? Adding more rows or something?

What do you guys use the most? AA or simply stay on the Androiud side for Waze and Spotify? If you do stay on the Android side, am I correct to assume that I always have to hotspot from my phone? Don't want to get another sim card for my car. Unless that is the way to go?

Also, is there a way to keep spotify or tidal going when I switch to the OEM side? Which Bluetooth settings do you guys have running? On OEM side VS Android.

Alot to configure it seems. I also don't have the autoplay working right. I have to go in the apps section, select autoplay, then plug my phone in. I think I read somewhere that this can be changed though.
Appreciate 0