05-20-2020, 06:50 AM   #2987
Matthewlfc92
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion7 View Post
Hello,

want to ask about e60-e90 AVIN multimedia, have been struggling with this android screen for several days already. Since I'm living in Europe I bought this from aliexpress website, but it's exactly the same as AVIN are offering for US residents.
Now having hard time communicating with China seller, not only their english is not pretty, but also getting tired of stupid questions like "have you forgot to power on your multimedia" or "did you connected cables correctly"

so the car is BMW 330xd 2006 with CCC 8,8" screen.
new screen shows only part 2/3 of the image when switching to show original car display.

There is CAR TYPE list in Factory settings menu, already tried all available options, all other selections displaying worse.

After few days of useless conversations with seller he had sent me firmware which I installed and that made things even worse, later received original firmware but now after turning on ignition, multimedia powers on, but idrive control wheel and menu button are unresponsive unless I go to CAR INFO menu tab, then need to hold menu button and get back to android, button and wheel starts to work.

My thinking what I need is MCU update which I were unable to get from seller. So if anyone has it please share
My firmware specs (before update, now it's the same except now I don't have anything in these brackets [BMW-0223-180116]):

I have tried these other settings and mine seems to still be wrong. I have tried to look everywhere for the cartype.xml file with the updated idrive display settings but cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction or send me the correct file I need?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0