09-08-2020, 03:48 AM   #2
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaley View Post
I've seen a ton of information on N20 tuning, times, dynos and results and wanted to see if anyone has had any luck modifying the B46/B48 engine now that the standard service warranty is beginning to fall off...

I have a stock 2018 430ix 8AT and will be adding FBO and a BM3 stage 1 tune to start.

Will be throwing these on in (thanks to Mike at XPH) within the next few months:
  • BM3 Stage 1 + Transmission Flash
  • Injen SP Air Intake
  • Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe Kit
  • Evolution Raceworks Catless Downpipe
  • Full AWE Exhaust Suite (Axleback Touring Single Sided + Performance Resonated Midpipe)

Things that I'm thinking of doing / will do later:
  • BM3 Stage 2 (worried about reliability / breaking the engine)
  • 19" lightweight alloy wheels and performance tires (open to suggestions)
  • CSF Heat Exchanger (unsure if necessary on B48 or worth it)

Would love to hear folks experience with this engine and open to any suggestions, thoughts and/or tips in tuning. Will keep this threaded updated.
i'm using B48 engine and Stage 2 BM3 for run and Stage 1 BM3 for daily

Performance mods so far:
1. Armytrix Catless Downpipe
2. Straight pipe exhaust with valvetronic remote control
3. FTP Charge pipe
4. FTP intake pipe
5. BMS open billet intake
6. BM3

Love the performance it deliver. But after several discussion with PTF, and due to minor accident, i removed the BMS open billet intake and now using stock intake.

PTF said, their tune is designed and tested to work with stock intake, and they not recommend us to use any aftermarket intake.

After i revert back to stock intake, i do feel that the performance is better and throttle response is much better. But i lost the fun noise of aftermarket intake.