09-08-2020, 11:33 PM   #5
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luverse View Post
XHP transmission tune will definitely bring the fun to the whole next level.

I believe because the OTS map is designed and tested with stock intake, so PTF will not recomended aftermarket intake.

My latest dyno recorded 310hp and 445nm, on engine. That still using the BMS open billet intake. Haven't dyno'd again with stock intake.

For reference, this is PTF statement
Attachment 2408944
Awesome those are great numbers. I wonder maybe if it’s just a liability release or what the lawyers tell them to recommend but I would imagine an air aftermarket intake to still be a net positive.

I flashed stage 1 today and I am shocked at how much torque it added, everything else stock. My Injen SP open air intake is coming next so we shall see how it feels....

So BM3 doesn’t do anything to the transmission? The 8AT in sport puts down power and almost reads your mind and the engine just goes to redline each gear now. Also the fan always on option is great and my temps are noticeably cooler.

Have you tried ethanol mix? With your numbers, I feel like this engine can do 330hp 350ft lbs (475NM) trq at the crank with E30 stage 2 fbo. Bmws 4 bangers have always been underrated and could prob get to low 5s 0-60 and maybe break w FBO stage 2. I should get performance tires (19s?) and hopefully we b48 owners can push it to see gains over N series, an already great engine.

Last edited by Avaley; 09-08-2020 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 0