View Single Post
      01-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Joopster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Finally been getting some snow here, and I took my car out last weekend in about 1/2 inch to an inch of snow. I run 18"s oem and the Pirelli Cinturato tires.

Let me tell you I was thoroughly disappointed! I don't understand how they can call these tires all seasons. The car was struggling in even the smallest slush of snow. It's all in the tires. They do not like the cold at all! I'll sum this up by saying I have no confidence in these tires, and if I ever got caught in some serious weather I don't think they would get me home.

To add I've had continentals in the past on my BMW's and they worked far better in the snow even blizzards, I still made it home (struggled) but still made it. Sorry but these pirellis are not worthy of being called all seasons.

On a more positive outlook they were superb in the 60 plus degree days.
I would only use dedicated winter tires for the winter months if you live in an area that gets a decent amount of snow. You'll be much happier with the ride. More importantly, you'll be much safer on the roads.

Check out the Bridgestone Blizzak tires. I'm currently driving with the Blizzak LM-60 winter performance tires on my F30. They grip nicely over snow and ice (and slush). Excellent dry handling performance as well.

Winter tires definitely make a difference.
Appreciate 0