United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014-320Xi / 2017-330Xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauloxxi View Post
All this fuss and time to gain one year benefit, but only if you drive less than 12000 miles/year.
If that doesn't mean BMW doesn't care about customers, I don't know what more people need to see.
BMW believes their engines can break after 8 years, and the loss is at customer onus. For sure they have good lawyers.
Good luck for us with "our time bomb"... and hopefully we don't loose our engines while driving full speed with a semi in our tail.
The original warranty is 4 years / 50k. Consumers who agree to these terms should have an expectation that shit can happen and it will be up to them to fix it
Of course shit can happen, sure I agree, a lot of things can fail in a car after warranty, then we deal with repair, fix for a moderate value, sometimes expensive. Being in a car for 8 years, and having to replace the WHOLE ENGINE... Seems to be too much shit, wouldn't you agree?
Or, you can also pay a relatively high price for a preventive and safety retro fit (replace the TC and poor plastic rails) to address the problem created by BMW. Seems a good way to burn money.
Don't you agree, this is TOO MUCH SHIT for a problem that is undeniably a poor design, a lack of common sense, and the greedy race for cost reductions at BMW?
If you are happy with this shit... I'm definitely not. If you are happy with the shit of resale value of your car dropping even more because your car is subject to TC problem, and the risk to replace the WHOLE ENGINE, I'm definitely not... I would not buy a BMW with N20 engine never more.
Appreciate 0