Thread: Exhaust Advice?
View Single Post
      01-12-2022, 06:35 PM   #5
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Hope this gives some kind of perspective.. I spent 12 months trying different home made setups to find a custom sound option.

p.s I haven't embedded the first two links as it won't show the time selection I've given, otherwise you'll be sat for 10 minutes per video ha!

youtu.be/NOixVImXgrw?t=101
This was stock cat, resonator delete and MPE with the a cutout valve before the back box.. so essentially a muffler delete.

youtu.be/ZZwEoPCy9Xk?t=283
This was catless dp, cutout valve (open) before resonator and MPE.. the cutout valve for this was placed before the resonator so most sound came from the middle of the car

This is what I have now - catless dp, a new oem valve on a y pipe that offers 2 routes, 1) resonator and MPE, 2) skip the resonator and straight into the tailpipes. The bypass route is done on a 2.5" pipe until it reaches the back box and helps tone the exhaust to be a tiny bit more higher pitched, without that you get a really undistinguished low exhaust note.