View Single Post
      07-11-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
Kevin_Trxn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340i

Is anyone running this system? Experiences?

DETAILS:

+14 HP and +13 lbs. x ft. Torque max gains

Constructed from 100% hand TIG-welded, 3" to 2-1/2" mandrel bent, brushed finished 304 stainless steel tubing

Includes a factory style exhaust valve

Utilizes a unique high flow, transverse muffler with a high-temp powder-coated black finish

Includes dual 4" diameter, polished 304 stainless steel tips

Factory style V-band flange for a secure leak-free seal

Uses all factory hanger locations for a hassle-free installation

http://afepower.com/afe-power-49-363...ystem#overview

Sound Clip

EDIT: My experience
Took 5 weeks to arrive

Just installed
Sounds great! 10/10 sound
When the flap is open it's pretty much a straight pipe from the cat back.

Will link video when its up.

Some things to note:
- Fitment is pretty good. The mid pipe hugs the right side pretty close. Worried on some bumps it may tap the side heat shield.
- We had to bend the hangers to get the height of the tips the same but we couldn't get the tips the stick out the same length. The left tip sticks out a bit further than the right tip. This could be how we installed it. Need to go back and tinker with fitment more

- The exhaust flap RATTLES like a tin can in a hurricane on a cold start. The first start up was more rattle then rumble. Will contact AFE to see if there is a simple solution. Once the car warms up though the rattle goes away

------
EDIT: FIXED exhaust flap rattle by bending the clip that connects the motor and flap
Photo included later in thread
------

The sound alone is pretty amazing. I do over all like the exhaust. From behind its throaty and mean, lots of burbles and pops! The burbles and pops go away when in comfort mode. In the car, windows up, the cabin noise is only a notch louder, so you can still have a conversation and listen to music.

First half of this video is the install!! Enjoy.

Appreciate 1
DrifterX514.00