View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 11:00 AM   #502
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Hey troll, you are WELCOME to try, but hyenas bark more than anything. You cannot handle knowledge even if thrown at you. I bet you know NOTHING about engines. Bohohoo, cry me a river that French, German or Italian posts document the same issues, engine recalls, engine failures, above and beyond the tiny English speaking Bimmerpost world. When was the last time you were in Europe (me, last week). these cars are everywhere. Either case, cry me a river that BMW killed the B58 in favor of an improved engine casing, forged pistons and crankshaft, and dozens of other changes listed in TU1. If any issues with BMW closing B58 production after the shortest inline 6 run in modern history, take it with BMW.
I can't handle information being thrown at me, but I'm not the one assuming that an engine is a failure because an OEM updated it after several years of field testing and development.

Also I've worked in automotive engineering for years, globally. The same thing happens with all automakers. So unless every pre-2020 engine design is a failure, I'd say that you're still blowing smoke. Not to mention in 2 years, the B58TU1 will have a host of revised components. They'll still continue to update it's design until it goes out of service. That's how engineering works.

Just stop posting bs so we can get the thread back on track with useful, data-driven info and user feedback.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 1
BMWILUVU809.00