Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gear Life View Post
ok thanks
Just wanted to post my setup. Hope it helps you or someone.
I also used 2.5 in hose and the 2.5 flange. Same one Solidjake used actually. For the way I set it up a 3in wouldn't fit. Plus the scoop flange is 2.5. Had to pull off the dust shield, hammer it somewhat flat, cut an opening and rivet the flange to it. Make sure to put the flange close to the hub so the air will go through the rotor. I'm thinking of doing a bit of a redesign with attaching a little sheet metal to the shield to block the air from coming back out and forcing more through the rotor. But it's still been helpful as is. Also mount the scoop to lower control arm. I don't remember exactly where I got it, but it's for for a Mini. So searching that you can find one. Also, if you have a 3D printer someone on one of the M boards (don't remember if it's the f80 or f82 board) had posted the model to print similar ducts. You can use clamps, but I found strong zip ties work well too. You have to have some to mount the duct to the control arm anyway.
It's not too difficult or expensive of a process. But I did find my brakes to be more fade resistant. Unfortunately I don't have temperatures to back anything up, just what the results felt like. Let me know if you have questions.
Stay healthy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Solidjake945.00
DVC558.00