View Single Post
      11-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #47
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
So, here's the million dollar questions...

a) Did your previous experiences cause you to change your driving after them...

b) How will this experience (and you have the considerably less fun bit of the experience still to come, granted) affect your driving in future...

Whilst I am not sympathetic, I am not baiting you, either, nor passing judgement (that is for the Court)... I do not know you and I was not there when the alleged offence was detected (albeit you seem to be freely admitting it)...

To be honest, I am genuinely interested in how this particular experience might impact on your future driving... It is a particular interest of mine...

If you are at all interested, my views on NYCC enforcement (and the wider picture) are clear in the thread currently running in "off topic", BTW...
It isn't me that has been caught - but my friend us waiting for similar at the moment.

The 42 in a 30 was 4 years ago, the 61 on a 50 was about three months after that (And 2 weeks after the SAC...). The others were a good while ago. I was driving a lot of miles, I considered them an occupational hazard.

Now I drive less, generally less watching the clock as it's personal not business. But equally I need my car less so a ban would be less problematic...

So do these stories bother me? I try not to get caught, I can't say I never speed but I try to do it sensibly where I stand a good chance of getting away with it. I have a good car, that can take the speed, I only do it on decent roads when it's reasonably quiet, and I know the consequence. My friend is waiting on a NIP for potentially 70 in a 40, caught by a camera on the M3. It was a 40 VSL, one mile before roadworks, 800 yards before she left the motorway, at 1 in the morning ... not sure that was a reasonable cop but that's life....
Appreciate 0