03-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #74
teapain
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk View Post
UPDATE:

Some background info: I travel between the US and Canada frequently due to work. The breakdown happened in Canada. I originally bought the car when I was living in the US. BMW Canada is saying this is BMW USA's responsibility and BMW USA is pointing the finger at BMW Canada. Long story short: no one is doing anything.

BMW USA told me to have the car looked at by a stateside service center (I guess they don't trust the diagnostics done in Canada?). I'll be shipping the car back down to Seattle to have it looked at there. This has been confusing as heck.

As for what happened: I was told that the oil pump must have failed. I'm not sure why this took almost 7 hours to diagnose...but that's what I was told.
Hold up. I'm in Seattle and was just at BMW Seattle this morning! Anddd because of all the my-engine-blew-up threads lately, I asked my SA about it and sure enough, he said he had two N20s in the back needing engine replacement. One of which, has 70k miles. He also said it was because the cars were starved of oil.

Kronk, are you at BMW Seattle or Bellevue? Anyways, good luck, buddy and let me know how it goes!
Appreciate 1