View Single Post
      01-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #157
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
I don't think you're wrong at all. It is similar to the concept.

Some of my favourite design elements of the concept were left out though. The bulging GT style fenders swooping in on the headlights were muddied and shrunken. The F1 style nose was turned into a grille. That huge awesome front splitter is only there in spirit. The large functional air dams and aero in the body were reduced in size too much. And while it's a minor things I hate the new side mirrors all the manufacturers seem to be using. I get that the concept mirrors weren't realistic, but a smaller mirror not unlike the e36m3 mirror would have looked nice.

There are other issues I have with it. But those were my main takaways. Makes me wonder what the feedback they got on the design and body aero was and why they changed it.

I still think it's a nice looking car! Will look mean in black.
I agree, those were definitely the features that stuck out to me as well. It looks like Toyota ditched any F1 connection for the Supra, and went out of their way to make it fit in with the current lineup (which is mostly to be expected). Maybe it wasn't formula 1 inspired, but to me there was definitely an open wheel race car style to it.

I still think it's great looking. I also, call me crazy, love bmw turbo engines. I'm also glad they didn't go upscale and price it out of range for it's fan base (mid 30's guys like me and older). I am somewhat bummed they didn't leave car seat space in the back in a 2+2 style.

But for 20k less than the bmw, while looking way better than the bimmer, I'm still excited we got this car. With no partnership, there is no new Supra.
ShocknAwe3232.50