View Single Post
      01-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #15
Jim E.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Individ: 99 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy5 View Post
I checked out the linked thread with pics of Black Merino...beautiful! The cashmere stitching and piping will look sick contrasted with the Alpine White exterior!

As far as the 10 weeks lead time, is that 10 weeks from when I place the order to estimated delivery or is that 10 weeks on top of however long a typical order takes. I'm looking to take delivery right around October/November of this year as I'll be able to get out of my current F30 lease with the pull ahead program and some cash out of my pocket (I have to get out early as I didn't get near enough miles) so I guess I should ideally place my order around June/July, right?
Roughly speaking that is from the time BMW NA accepts your order. I'd be working on the order in early June and try to finalize it by late June.

Have your dealer ask the special order person for a rough estimate and explain that you want to take delivery around October/November.

You should have a full spreadsheet or document outlining ALL the options with option codes for your dealer to hand over to BMW.

If you need assistance just PM me and I'll help you out.

Most importantly, if your dealer/salesperson has not processed a special order or has very little experience with this then I'd be very careful if I were you.

You need to confirm each and every option code. That's BMW's language and anything else won't work or will create problems.

It's a weird process.

Last edited by Jim E.; 01-02-2018 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 0