View Single Post
      07-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #48
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4NoMore View Post
can someone explain the reasoning behind the hood setup? why oh why has BMW gone with this hood on all their new cars?

what i'm referring to is the way that the hood ends several inches behind the grills, with the roundel placed on... the bumper? sure, the portion of the bumper where the grills and roundel are located looks nice and clean. but honestly, that gap for the hood placed somewhat arbitrarily in what my mind still interprets as the "hood" (i.e. anything behind the grills with the same character lines) looks AWFUL!

every time i see this, i think of the toyota camry. google it and you'll know what i'm talking about. when that camry first came out i laughed out loud at how rediculous it looked. the design of the car is nice but that gap totally throws off the front end. now BMW is doing the same? compare the F10 to the E90 LCI and you can get a perfect example of what looks right and IMO what doesn't. the F01 and the F10 look great... except for that ghastly hood gap. i can't stand it. i'll be pissed if i see this on the new 3

...I as well am no fan of the badge on the bumper look.... ~Frost
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0