03-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #16
BMW4RVR
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbright03 View Post
BMW4RVR - That's cool that you're dealer went the extra mile. I hear so may complaints about find good dealers for service, that sounds like a keeper.

As far as cost, if you were quoted $3400 parts and labor that sounds like a great price, I paid around $3600 parts/labor/titanium tips. Even with the difference in tax rate (California to Nevada) you got a better price. I should say, he did install my M performance pedals for free on top of that so that would have been an extra $50-85.

I still have a long way to go on my warranty so I don't want to risk non-OEM parts at this point, so for me it was the only option. On top of that, in California with CARBO restrictions and many of the tunes and intakes have disclaimers that state you can only use them for track and not for public use.

I will say that once you hear the MPPSK, you may want to consider it. Most of the videos don't do it justice. If you have the means, Dinan released a stage 1 tune for specifically for the MPPSK that may still be available by vendors (not sold direct by Dinan) and gives you approx 420 HP. So combine that power with the sound, it would be unreal. Even though Dinan has the warranty covered, it's not CARBO approved in California.

Appreciate your reply. My warranty will expire soon, so probably I will go with the tune, DP route for now. Thanks
Appreciate 0