07-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #10
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
A handmade product might have issues, but sorry to see your purchase went this way. Of course, after a few months being on the road these flaws might be insignificant.
That's the thing though, surely whilst being hand made it would have been noticed? Prepreg carbon is pretty simple once you have a moulding, its just down to completing the basics when setting up the build to make sure these problems are avoided such as bridging.

I think my main disappointment was the products are such small pieces, the price just isn't justified for the build quality. If they weren't cracked and didn't have dull spots where they had burnt through the gel coat then I would live with them as they look damn great on the photo's I have seen; but they're so patchy in daylight I can't see myself installing them just yet.

I can always refinish them myself, again it's just kind of annoying that I've spent a premium on something I have to finish myself.. it defeats the object of spending that bit extra lol.