mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by producerlawson View Post
So update:

Unfortunately Parcelforce picked up the UK side of shipping, who are awful.. but who doesn't know that? They often take 2-3 weeks just to clear shipping before adding a £20 handling charge on top of tax (for doing nothing).

Anyway, PF failed to deliver them so I had to collect them personally during the weekend and this is how it went down.

The brand contents are cool, you get a really epic magnet presentation box with flyers, a carbon fiber pen and usb stick. Plus some heavy duty branded keychain hook.. I guess this is why you pay so much right? Well, no.. you pay that much for the quality of work and craftsmanship.

But that appears to be lacking in what I was shipped.

Bridging in the prepreg has caused them to paint/fill the voids:

Thumb prints inside of the gel coat (unrepairable unless you fancy sanding it all the way back to the carbon and refinishing):

The prepreg didn't fully get a correct vacuum pull as it's had air left over, causing a delamination in the gel coat:

Pin hole galore, plus raw edges with no gel coat or clear:

Structural crack all the way through the hardware:

Overall it's just disappointing, you would get better results from a cheap Chinese sourced piece of carbon on eBay.

The gel coat is full of dust/contamination, has pin holes everywhere, lacks any gel coat in some areas meaning the carbon will bleed when you wipe it with a cloth, thumb prints under the finish, cracks in the actual carbon (they flex) and even worse; they didn't buff out some of the sanding marks which they made with a rotary sander by the looks of things - that could possibly be why some of it isn't coated? Maybe they burnt through it..

I'm currently in middle of emailing them about it but haven't had a response to any of my emails, even the original ones where I asked them general questions. Luckily I paid via Paypal so I may be able to open a dispute if they aren't able to respond to me.
Pretty disappointing. I have $120 F30 eBay fangs waiting at the post office for me so I will compare. You definitely are getting robbed here - there's absolutely no way to justify their pricing when customer service AND quality control is so poor. Not sure how long they can last in this industry.
Appreciate 0