View Single Post
      03-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #3
Aidym10
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sµpreme View Post
You're going to hear a lot of opinions on this, because it's subjective. I'll give you my take on it.
I bought my 2016 340i in 2016 and the tuning options at that time were pretty limited. I bought a service loaner with 3K miles on it and paid for the dealership to install the MPPSK kit as part of the sale. And it was expensive. I drove the car with that and a JB4 in place for several years and enjoyed it immensely.

Now that flash options and many exhaust options are available, you can go a lot faster for a lot cheaper with a flash tune + aftermarket exhaust.

In my opinion, many of the aftermarket exhausts don't sound as good as the MPPSK exhaust and don't offer the same flexibility with the valved flap, which makes a huge different in how loud the car is, especially if you plan to install a catless downpipe.

There is also the warranty implications. MPPSK + JB4 is arguably one of the safest methods to go fast and sound good without putting your warranty at risk (although all tunes have some level of risk, blah blah blah, let's not start that argument again)

I think ultimately it comes down to your pocket book and your comfort level with warranty risk.

Absolute cheapest route to go very fast + be loud= aftermarket exhaust + flash tune (you pick your favorite brands of each)

Lowest risk to warranty= MPPSK + JB4

Highest cost (but in my opinion has the best sound and best performance)= MPPSK + catless + flash tune, but obviously from my sig, I'm biased
I appreciate it could be cheaper going the aftermarket option, am I not right in saying that the BHP is increased to 355/360 with the mppsk option? How does that cope with the jb4 on top of an already tuned car? And what is the power output with both?

I wouldn't mind going mad with all the mods like decatting etc but the checks are strict in Northern Ireland and probably wouldn't get away with it for long
Appreciate 0