05-16-2022, 12:40 PM   #50
squaredphoto
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: E91

Garage List
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I pulled the trigger on an Eventuri intake because it looks and sounds the best out of all the options out on the market. I went through IND as they're local and had a few in stock. Massive shoutout to Ryan@IND for the help. I'm extremely thrilled with this piece,

The unit exudes quality and the install instructions on the Eventuri site were pretty good. Install was pretty straight forward. The worst part was getting a good angle to tighten down the clamps around the silicon coupler.

Driving around, the intake is immediately louder. Below 3k the intake is pretty silent. After 3k rpm or like 30-50% throttle, you can hear the turbo spool or at least the air getting sucked in. Lifting off releases a pretty funny to me Darth Vader sound. I'll try making a video soon. Throttle response is improved and the car feels quicker. At higher rpms like 5k and higher, you can sometimes hear the car releasing boost pressure in the intake because it sounds like you're lifting off the throttle. Boost pressure doesn't really drop when this happens so I'm guessing its the DME regulating boost.

Intake temps maybe went up 3*-5* F. I'm curious what removing the engine cover will do. Boost pressure now maxes at like 13.6 psi compared to 12.1 psi before. I don't have any tune or other things done. I'm curious what heat reflective tape on both sides of the Eventuri heat shield would do paired with a turbo blanket.

I was tempted of getting a non resonated turbo inlet but the stock one seems fine. It's not restrictive in my opinion.

Last edited by squaredphoto; 05-16-2022 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
toxik2454.50