View Single Post
      12-28-2018, 11:57 AM   #3
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicBlaster View Post
I don't have a lot of experience as I just went to two track events with Chin at Sebring but I will share my experience with you.

First time I went with a 428i stock, the second time I went moderately modded. World of difference! To address your questions:

1. You will probably be Ok with the oem brakes/pads but you may want to flush the brake fluid to something better. I used Motul RBF 660. With the default fluid you may experience fade after some laps.

2. My OEM P7 runflat tires sucked. Period. My car was squealing like crazy. After upgrading them to Firestone Indy 500's (I went with 245/40/18 square) I had MUCH better cornering abilities.

3. I got the cheapest Snell 2015 helmet i could get - just above $100. Zamp FS8 i think

4. I made no changes to the suspension and was fine.

Chin is great - love em. Well organized, safety first, good classroom instructions.
Thanks for your response, looks like you addressed everything!!

I will definitely change my pads and flush brake fluid. Tires I will leave alone for now, I'll see how they perform and how much I love tracking to see if it's worth just getting a dedicated wheel/tire set for tracking. Suspension I won't touch, not sure what that's going to do for resell value in the future as modded BMWs not the easiest to sell.
Appreciate 0