View Single Post
      07-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #106
christak
Rep
Drives: 2013 f30 320xd

help

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbaguk View Post
This is really for owners who've upgraded their base stereo system with bavsound stage 1 kits, and then decided to upgrade to the Bimmer-Tech premium audio kit afterwards.

I've had HUGE issues getting my premium audio system to work. I won't go into a mass of details, but short of the long; I was getting a lot of clipping at 2/3 volume and above.

I've worked very closely with Bimmer-Tech who've been brilliant trying to suggest all manner of things to resolve the issue. (Cables, battery, configurations, everything).

Last night however I finally managed to get through to Bavsound and I think I found the cause.

The bavsound front mid-range speakers come with an in-line filter, (I am not talking about the tweeter cross-over filter), and this is used to improve the sound quality when the output is from a base stereo HU system which is very very low.

However, the new signal from the Bimmer-Tech amp is of course much more powerful and therefore, this filter is no longer required and will potentially cause problems, (including clipping).

The short of the long is it has to be removed.

(Hifi BSW S1 users will note this filter does not exist with their set-ups.)

Tonight I plan to remove this filter from my BSW speakers and I'm literally praying my new amp issues are all resolved!

I'll post an update on this as soon as I've completed the changes so unless you are feeling adventurous, please don't make any changes yourself until I've reported back.

Remember, you do all these changes at your own risk and I take no responsibility for my suggestions!!!

Fingers crossed this works!!!

beanbaguk,

Have you been able to resolve all your issues? Are you satsified with the bimmertech amp and is it worth the investment? much better sound or diminishing returns?

Am new to this forum and have a 2013 f30 with base stereo, upgraded with Bavsound stage 1 and ghost subs. Now I am looking to add the bimmertech amp.

Could you share the installation instructions/video you were developping?

thanks, greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0