08-07-2016, 07:56 AM   #109
GeertB
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackHawk View Post
Interesting find out. I also have ASD in my car with base sound system. I think ASD is standard on all F30 starting 2014. Currently i am using the harness come with the amp and no big issue except weak bass. (I talked a local shop who is the Match AMP authorized agent, and he said PP82 is not powerful enough to drive Focal Subs, but this is another story).

As for the harness, i suspect Bimmertech has taken the ASD wiring into account since all my speakers are making sounds.
To come back to this:
Bimmertech agreed to make a small harness that takes the signals of all the speakers at the ASD (yes, they are all there). That is a lot easier to install because the ASD is where you put the amp! (no need for a harness going all the way to the head-unit). It took some time because I had to deliver them the serial numbers of the ASD plug and then vacation etc.
Also this small harness creates an installation that has the exact same sequence as an OEM Hifi setup: HU > ASD > AMP > SPEAKERS. The harness is being shipped from USA to Poland, and then to me. ETA: not sure
I'm looking forward to the install and finally to test my new setup!
Appreciate 0