Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh13 View Post
Hi all,
Looking to do an exhaust mod for a reasonable price. Thinking about doing just a catted DP as the CTS one is sub $400. Do you think it would make enough of a sound difference if thats my only exhaust mod? Also, does anyone know if it would pass emissions in NY/CT? Curious to hear everyone's responses. Here is the link to what I'm thinking of buying...
Appreciate the help.

https://www.urotuning.com/products/c...0aAnRhEALw_wcB
Guys in NY complain all of the time about having to reinstall their stock downpipes to pass emissions. So your best bets to pass emissions with an aftermarket catted downpipe are the only two that I know of that promise no Check Engine Light.

The Fabspeed Sport Cat, which I have, is considered the best because of its HJS catalytic converter. But it's price just increased tremendously. The next best is the Active Autowerke catted downpipe. I believe that is about $950.

Quality wise the next best catted DPs, which don't guarantee no CEL, are the Wagner and the Evolution Racewerks. You could get one of those but keep your stock DP handy in case you need it to pass emissions.

Photo is of the Fabspeed after ceramic coating.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0