View Single Post
      10-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #38
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
The fact that i own a loaded m3 means that i own the most expensive 3 series available to this date (msrp was around 75k) and i still dont think its anywhere close to luxury. This is my 2nd M3 and 4the bmw in total. I am past 30 and i would not set foot in a 3 series unless it had the s65 and all the other things that make an M3 what it is. I love my car and i cannot be without it but my reason for owning is not luxury.

Have you actually sat in one of the latest lexus models? They cost much less than a 328/335, have a lot more features, and dont feel as cheap. The entry level BMWs (non M package/non M models) feel cheap all around from the seats to dashboard to steering wheel or back seats.

5 series and E class are what luxury is all about. 3 series gives you the bmw badge that an average person cannot afford with the 70-90k 5 series cars.

There is nothing wrong or offensive with what i said. If i were wrong, 5 series would just be a larger 3 series nothing more, but its not now is it?
I think the moderator, who also has an M3 put it eloquently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
There is no universally accepted definition for a luxury car so yours is fair game. However, in the interest of being able to communicate effectively with others on the topic without coming off as obtuse or difficult I'm not sure how practical a definition it is. But if you believe strongly in it, by all means carry that torch with pride.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0