View Single Post
      05-31-2015, 09:05 AM   #46
Mike.F31.MSport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 328i (M) Wagon, '91 318is

Garage List
Since purchasing the F31 in February, I've been keeping an eye out on craigslist and the forum classifieds for a winter wheel/tire setup. Yesterday I came across a local set of Style 189s on craigslist with fairly new Pirelli Sottozero winter tires. This morning I picked them up for a VERY good price.

The tires have between 7/32nds and 8/32nds tread left, even wear, and no prior flats or repairs. The wheels have a bit of curb rash and I was told they have no leaks, bends, or cracks. I'll refinish the wheels myself sometime this summer.

Here is one of the wheels:

Surprisingly, I didn't need to fold down the rear seats to fit them in the F31. They fit perfectly in the back!

I do have one question though regarding tire size and staggered wheels. I realize it's OK to run staggered wheels on X drive if the tires all have the same rolling diameter. The Style 189 wheels are staggered (18x8 front, 18x8.5 rear). The tires mounted on the wheels are all 225/45/R18. I assume this will be OK for the X drive system as long as I run the 8.5 width wheels on the rear?
Appreciate 0