View Single Post
      09-01-2016, 07:50 AM   #70
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
It’s the exact same technique he used at rather lower speed on Räikkönen at Turn One at the Hungaroring – and very much like the infamous chop that Michael Schumacher gave Mika Häkkinen in 2000, also on the Kemmel straight.

The sporting regulations offer inadequate guidance on this sort of move but none should be needed; what Verstappen did at Spa on Sunday was unconditionally lethal and invited carnage. There should be no place for it – and the message to him in response should have been similarly unequivocal: a black flag. Come in, switch off the engine, get out the car; your racing for the day is done.
I sure hope F1 doesn't turn into this type of sport. Black flag, race is over for the driver? Maybe overreaction is what is needed? I also don't see most journalists being any more qualified than most of the people here to give an opinion, so they watch racing and write about it, great.

If I watch American football and someone does something questionable, the ref sees it, they watch the play in slow motion many times over and decide no penalty was needed, isn't the ref or the rules the real problem? Obviously they decided it wasn't bad enough to penalize him and it was within the rules. What's the point of these refs or judges if they watch an action and do nothing, then we blame the person not them?