View Single Post
      09-21-2014, 11:41 PM   #3
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

haha .. i actually did that today just to get a better view of the underside of the F30 to see where a better (central) jacking point might be for the rear.

I created a little ramp by stacking pieces of 2x4x10 together for the front wheels to create a little stair step. It allowed me to jack the front up high enough to get some husky 6-ton bottle jacks on both of the rear side jack points. It allowed me to get the rear wheels off, but still.. i would like to know where a better rear/center jacking point is.

Here is what i could see reaching as far under the rear as i could go with my DSLR. That mysterious box-like unit is highlighted in the yellow rectangle. The differential is in front of that (to its right in the picture), and a potential jacking point just at the front of the differential (to right of the differential in pic) highlighted in the yellow circle looks like a good spot to jack, but wanted to see what y'all thought.

Its some weird t-shaped flat surface and i have not seen it in any underside pics of a 328 prior to the F30. Anyone know what that is and/or if its a good jacking point?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1