El Lechero
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd_F30 View Post
Ok, for the few of you that may have been anticipating this video, here ya go:

Sorry this is all I had time to film. I've been very busy lately, but I'll get some better more well-rounded videos in the future. In the mean time, I hope that video and this little review are sufficient: When I first picked up the car after the downpipe install and drove it home I was somewhat underwhelmed with the sound... it really wasn't that much louder. Then I flashed the proper map (stage 2) and it woke up a bit. Not sure if that's because of more boost pressure or more burbles or what, but now that it's on the right tune it's exactly what I was looking for. It's a good bit louder than with the stock downpipe, and it did pick up some rasp, but I'm very happy with how it sounds. Also, the valve in the muffler becomes MUCH more useful with the catless downpipe installed. There is now a far more noticeable difference in volume between valve open vs. closed operation, something that wasn't really true with the stock downpipe. Overall, I think this is a great exhaust to pair with a catless downpipe. It is definitely not obnoxiously loud, but certainly loud enough to turn heads when you drive down the road and have an audible presence wherever your driving. And as you can see, it does get pretty loud when you stomp on it... All in all, highly reccomend!
Doing the same CTS Turbo DP/turner catback combo.. did you have clamp fitment issues? I don't see this fitting in anyway..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0