View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 09:18 AM   #454
The Kurgan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Luxury Line RWD

my 2012 328i (born February 14, 2012 in Munich) at 155,000km engine still running strong... no chain breakage, yet

new issues cropped up:
--two of my programmable buttons have a small crack in the center. Crap plastics for sure.
--my eight year old battery seems to be going strong, but I get occasional "charge battery" warning and I assume it's on it's way out.
--my headlight lenses are starting to very slightly fogged-up (on the inside) likely due to early stages of oxidation!

To date, major services have included (all after 110,000 km):

--replaced driver's side mirror assembly as the motor gave up it's ghost
--replaced low/high tone horns, as they died around the same time as my mirror motor
--all new OEM brakes, rotors and senors
--all new OEM suspension, though I kept the front springs, just replaced the struts, mounts, etc.
--new thermostat
--replaced vacuum hose that controls fuel gas emissions
--a thick rubber sticker to cover the cracks in my front seat, in the thin vinyl strip just above the seat controls. Of course, the rest of the leather is just fine.
--resprayed front bumper to address highway debris blasting effect--looks perfect.

Still to do:
--needs new tires
--I want to replace my aging rims with something gloss black*

*However, I still worry about the longevity of my N20 engine. One dealer told me I have a slight "whine" and that my oil chain is stretched. Another dealer did a borescope inspection of the engine, guides and chain and their opinion is that everything is normal. At this stage, I am not paying out of pocket to replace the chain. I will roll the dice. BTW, I don't hear any whine noises.
Appreciate 0