Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1990 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Also in for group buy. Typically it has buttons to snap it snug around the turbo. Removing the downpipe would just give me an excuse to wrap that too.
Was thinking about wrap of DP too - but read / saw some pretty bad experiences given condensation. Advantage of turbo blanket is that it can still breathe, while wrapped DP will keep the moisture. In all honesty some people swear by that, some curse it. So I decided to try having it rather ceramic coated which does best of both worlds.
I agree with you. I had my downpipe ceramic coated for ~$60. Much better solution than trying to wrap it. See attached before/after photos.

I highly recommend Bonehead Performance outside of Philadelphia who did the ceramic coating of my downpipe and also the black powder coating on my bright aluminum front strut brace (also ~$60) to better match my stock engine bay (but they can do hundreds of colors) See photo.

If you are purchasing a new component like a downpipe like I was. It's pretty easy to have the retailer ship it directly to Bonehead Performance. Bonehead can ceramic coat or powder coat, then ship it to you in the original packaging. BP is a second generation family business with excellent quality, reasonable prices and excellent customer service.
+ one for ceramic coating. My headers on my BRZ were ceramic coated and it brought down operating temps.

there is another option as well , high temp cerakote. I have not used it myself but know some people that swear by it.
Cool! Curious what your before/after numbers were and which sensor you were taking values from?
it was awhile ago , I'll see if I posted the numbers on my build thread for that car, I had just had a kid an was being lazy about keeping track of everything.

I used IAT sensors and the pictured thermometer placed in a few locations.

while I look, I had this book marked. different platform and not turbo but it shows that it works https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show....php?p=2010555

edit: picture won't upload through the app for some reason. it's a Fluke 52 II thermometer
Appreciate 0