View Single Post
      09-11-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
tzlopez13
Ya Boi
Rep
Drives: "Rising Sun" F30 335i

HELP! Front Passenger suspension area causing big problemos!

Hey all, I have been having serious issues with my suspension lately. This is going to be a long post, but hopefully you guys can help me out.

TLDR; Front passenger side suspension area seems to be fighting every left turn I make, along with making abnormal sounds when that specific area hits a bump.

This started around May, and I have not been able to diagnose the issue myself (neither has the dealership ). To start, when driving at highway speeds, the car does not seem to travel straight. It will always choose to go left or right, sometimes wobbling inbetween.
Scenario: I'm traveling at 70mph going in a straight line on a level road. The car, when I take my hands off the wheel, will usually coast slightly to the right, and sometimes it will snap between going right or left.

Next, when I make a harder left turn, it seems to not want to go left. The front passenger side wheel starts to vibrate, as if it were misaligned, or the wall of my run-flat tire is bent somewhere. Now, I would think that it's an alignment issue, but here's the catch: I had the car aligned to almost perfection 2 weeks ago. The problems were stopped, however the symptoms came back.

Next, when I hit a pothole of any size (anything that would cause an abrupt jolt to the suspension), that suspension area, and only that one, will emit a noise that sounds like my shock absorber is empty. Kind of like the strut is slamming up the shock with no resistance other than my spring.

I will try to upload videos of each sound later today, but in the mean time, any bit of advice is appreciated. Be advised that I do plan on bringing the car into a shop other than the dealership to try and see if they can figure it out.

To be continued..
-M Performance Aero
Instagram: @aka.f30
Appreciate 0