tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkarn View Post
So do you agree with him that we shouldn't be a "mooch" and comparison shop for the best number? It's seems that you are a very informed buyer and would go elsewhere to get the best price.

My point wasn't regarding whether most people were informed or not. My point was that it's not bad to shop around for the best deal, especially since a salespersons main goal is trying to get the most money from you. When he commented that this was mooching, that caught my attention. I don't think a salesman would feel bad for me if I signed at MSRP, so I will not feel bad for him if I haggle the price down to invoice and he makes $200 or whatever Mloyalty said, or leave to buy somewhere else.

I think a lot of folks on forums like these are inclined to try to squeeze blood out of a turnip and are willing to grind down good sales people (as opposed to idiotic sales people) for every nickel they can and then, if they find a much less competent sales person who will cut the price by another nickel, dump the good guy to save that extra nickel on their $50,000 car.

Last edited by tturedraider; 04-29-2014 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0