View Single Post
      07-13-2018, 08:59 PM   #10
gusestrella
Rep
Drives: 428i 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
Hi gusestrella,

I also have the usb carplay and screen but from ugode and I am experiencing frequent disconnects during apple maps navigation. I have iphone 6s with ios11.4. Can you test carplay with navigation and let us know if you are experiencing similar problems. I noticed that we have exactly the same software version (carplay adapter).
So after a solid week of use both in the day to work and back - around 1 hour each way - plus 2 drives also of about 1 hour each. On all these used just car play with the podcast app on (named Castro) OR Spotify on - as well as navigation on apple maps with a given destination - and on three occasion did also a phone call too (did the OEM set up like you noted and works good). All the time worked like a champ and zero issues. No crash or odd behavior at all.

Even though I got phone to work on bluetooth for call, Siri doesnot seem to use the bluetooth menu. Tries to get it seem from the phone mic instead ? But to me this is not a deal breaker and love the large screen and so on.

At this stage will await to get the click on the idrive dial to work - and once that set I am good.
Appreciate 0