View Single Post
      06-24-2020, 11:53 PM   #6
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekto View Post
So a quick update... brought it into a local vancouver shop with good reviews, charged me $1k cad for diagnosis and replacement of fuel injector 1. Car ran fine for 30mins then drivetrain malfunction came on while accelerating and car went into limp mode again. This time the engine needs to crank for a couple seconds before starting.

Went back to the shop, they said because the fuel injector leaked gas, gas could have leaked into the engine oil as it smells really bad. Forked out another $250 for an oil change hoping that would fix it.

Now the shop says fuel injector 6 is leaking and needs to be replaced. Didnt get a quote yet but according to before, should be around $500-600+taxes since diagnosis was already done.

I’m at a loss for words as the costs keep piling up. Basically most of the cylinders are misfiring along with fuel high pressure plausibility; fuel pressure too low codes. What do you guys think? Any advice helps.
Wow i know there might be some exchange rate but those prices are insane. You probably could have diagnosed that on your own with a scanner and fuel injector 1 is easy to swap.

I wouldn't just keep throwing parts at the car without confidence it is actually the injector(s). It sounds like there might be a deeper issue. We can do nothing but guess without error codes and more information. Are the codes exactly the same as OP?
Appreciate 0