View Single Post
      06-25-2020, 11:17 AM   #8
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekto View Post
After replacing fuel injector 1 it ran fine for 30 minutes, then they checked the fuel injectors and injector 6 is leaking now. I haven't seen the updated codes but now they're saying cylinder 4 is misfiring so coil pack might need replacing as well? The shop is saying they have to do things one by one to see what the problem is... is this usually the case? I just don't want to replace injector 6 and then have them come back and tell me it's still not fixed.
How did they "check the fuel injectors" - like with codes, or actually pulling them out? Misfire could theoretically be coil, plug, or injector.

Doing things one by one isnt unreasonable generally speaking, but it sounds like they are just throwing parts at the car (maybe just based on a DME code) without actually confirming issues. I am not there though... so maybe they are, but it seems strange that they seem to be chasing their tail fixing one thing only to have another pop up.

How many miles are on the car? Are you comfortable with DIY? If its high mileage and you are, it probably would be most cost effective to just DIY the injectors, coils, and plugs if you are convinced that is the issue. It would likely cost less than having them fix a few random coils and injectors, then you have old parts mixed with new parts and if they really are failing the others could go in the near future.
Appreciate 0